Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Some pictures from the day

Today started out VERY rough for me. Not only is it super hot here and I don't handle the heat well, but Gibson was really a handful this morning, everything was a battle, even the smallest of tasks (we are totally in the thick of him being 3!). I was stressed and frazzled and feeling like a bad mom by 9am! It's a good thing that today was my day to send Gibson to Sonnet's house for our weekly trade. It worked out perfectly and I think it really helped both Gibson and I to get a break from each other. Plus, I got a TON of stuff done while he was gone. Grady and I got the kitchen cleaned, the family room and front room cleaned, both boys rooms, and the play room all picked up and organized, I got the entire house vacuumed, the master bathroom counter cleaned and all the laundry washed/dried and in baskets for our folding party that we are suppose to have in a few hours here. Plus, I made it to the bank and Target, all in less than 3 hours. Oh, and Grady had a snack and lunch, so it was quite productive!
After I picked Gibson up, both boys went down for their naps and I was able to relax a little too and eat my lunch while it was still warm and enjoy a bowl of strawberries without having to share a single one! It was lovely. Gibson slept 2 hours today and Grady slept 3! I couldn't believe it! My guess is they were both worn out by the heat.
After Gibson got up from his nap, he wanted a snack so I cut him an apple and we sat and talked, we had a good time talking about stuff and it just being the 2 of us (I think we needed that after our rough start to the day!). He was cracking me up with his faces and his stories. I just love the look of sweaty messy hair after a nap, it looks like Gibson actually has curl to his hair!

Nice face, Gibson. Becareful, you wouldn't want it to freeze that way.
(admit it, you know your mom said that to you too and you swore you would never say it to your kid, but you have, you know it, don't try to tell me otherwise!).

Then, because of the heat, Gibson told me he wanted to play in the water again, so I set up the pool and we had another pool party. A few different players this time, but same fun was had by all!
Nour, Kea & Gibs

Grady looking down at his little friend...(look at the sweet look on his face!)
Dima. She is such a sweetie.
So, after all the water fun was cleaned up, I decided it was too hot to make dinner (currently my house temp is reading 84 degrees inside), so we headed to Burgermaster since we had a coupon for a free kids meal. Gibson and Gregg had a great time eating in the back of the truck, while Grady and I stayed int he cab. This is what I was getting tonight while asking if he would look at me and smile.


Tomorrow is suppose to be a bit cooler (81 instead of 88+) and we have plan to go to a friend's house for some water fun. Hope everyone is staying cool out there!

1 comment:

Mary G. said...

Ahhh, how sweet! I love the one on one moments.

I am impressed with everything you got done in three hours! I miss naps.