Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jetty Island

Today, Kristi, Alyssa & I packed up the wagons and took the kids over to Jetty Island in Everett. You drive to the dock and then park and take a little boat across the water to the Island. The boat ride is about 3 minutes. It's a little bit of a walk to the water, but not bad at all. I had never been there before, neither had Kristi, or her mom and her mom said that she has lived here for 53 years! Alyssa said she use to go all the time growing up, so she loves it!
We had a great time. Despite a few commical minutes (putting the sun shelter away was a NIGHTMARE, took over 20 minutes, but NOW I know the secret!) and Kristi camera being dropped in the sand and now non functioning, all worked out really well.

This was the first time we have done anything like this where Grady is old enough and mobile enough to get around. He really liked being able to get around and play in the sand.







The tide was waaaayyyyy out today! I swear we walked a quarter of a mile to get to it.


Elsa getting a little vitamin D (don't worry she was only in the sun for about 3 minutes. Just long enough for me to take the picture)

Elsa and her Nanny.
The boys didn't last long after we got in the car (don't worry, I took these after we got home and were parked in the garage, I didn't take them while driving)

This is what I took home from Jetty Island. Nice, eh? I was so worried about my kids being sunburned, they had on their protective clothing, tons of sunscreen, Grady had on a hat (most of the time), I set up our sun shelter and what did I forget for myself? Yep, sunscreen. I am hurting now...I swear things just slip my mind now that I have kids and worry about them. I also managed to rip my finger nail off the nailbed on my right pointer finger when I was trying to clean up the sand toys. It hurts like crazy, bled like crazy and I can feel my heartbeat through it. It's been a rough day for this momma.

4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Great shots, April!

That little Elsa looks exactly like Ethan these days, except for the very blonde hair (where does that come from!?)

Love the pics of your boys too. The pic of Gibson driving looks like Anders. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Yeow! Nasty sunburn...we've all been there. Never heard of that island...looks like it was a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!! ---AW

Stacy O said...

How fun! We've been talking about going all summer and still haven't been! Great pics.

Anonymous said...

April..you are frieD GIRLLLLLL. Do the boys have new carseats or are they the smae britex ones? Bridget