Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Playdate

Today we had a playdate/get together with some of the women from my parenting board that I have never met before (and a couple I have). We had a great time. We met at the International Fountain at the Seattle Center and luckily the rain held and we even saw some sun. All the kids got along great and enjoyed getting soaked in the fountain.
We all brought goodies to share and I made these desserts plus a pot of Santa Maria Style beans.
This was our load. Kristi and I caravaned down together so we could park together and help each other. We had 5 kids between us, 2 of them in the double stroller, we had 2 wagons, Gwen sat in one of them, and then the 2 older boys held on to the stroller with me. It was quite a haul. We had to go all the way around the area because we didn't realize there were stairs the other way. And because of how we went there and back and the way things are arranged there, we walked uphill from the car and uphill to the car, something doesn't seem right about that, but that is how it worked out.
The International Fountain

Gibson and some of the other kids playing in the International Fountain


Gibson said to me "I'm all wet" I said "Yes, let me take your picture" and so he posed.

Grady was trying to stay upright on this hill, he was having a hard time. I finally had to go help him after he was done with trying and frustrated.


Kristi and Grady
Grady & I

Grady giving Elsa some love

Gibson sitting in the chair after he took off on me for the second time. I had to haul butt all the way across the fountain and up the other side, he was playing in the water where I could see him and when I called for him to come back he took off. That was the 2nd time he did that, so he was done for the day and had to stay in the chair and stay right by me. I was frazzled at that point. A kid could easily disappear there with the way it's set up and all the people around so I was freaked about knowing where he was every.single.minute. He was less than amused about having to sit in that chair, but he made the choice that caused him that consequence, so there was no discussion about that one.

The Space Needle.
Gibson's favorite thing about Seattle. On the way down we were talking about how we were going to see the Space Needle today and he said something about remember the time we went up there and I had juice and daddy changed my diaper (kid has a memory of an elephant) and I said that we went with Kevin & Jody and he said "Where are day, mommy?" I said, "Who?" He said "Kevin & Jody, where are day?" I said "they are in Colorado" and he said "Oh, they went to the Space Needle wif us yesderday, but they are home now" (everything happened yesterday).
Grady fell asleep before we even got to the car, poor thing he was exhausted. Gibson was out about 5 minutes into the drive.

Although, I am totally exhausted and I was a bit frazzled by Gibson's behavior, I really had a good time and enjoyed meeting some fellow mommies that I have "known" online for the last couple years. It's always fun to put faces with names.

No comments: